[Peace] 11/8 6pm CPL: film "We Still Live Here", on the revitalization of the Wampanoag language

Stuart Levy slevy at ncsa.illinois.edu
Mon Nov 7 11:08:50 CST 2011

This film, Tuesday 11/8 at 6pm in Champaign Public Library,
sounds really interesting -- "... The first time a language
with no native speakers has been revived in this country...
The Wampanoag's ancestors ensured the survival of the pilgrims
in New England and lived to regret it.  Nevertheless, through
resilience and courage they kept their identity alive and
remained on their ancestral lands.  Now a cultural revival
is taking place."

Also don't miss Luisa Dantas' film *tonight*, Monday 11/7, 7pm,
UofI Education building, room 2: "Land of Opportunity", which Brian D.
just posted about.  She gave a good Focus interview on WILL-AM just now;
recording should be up soon at:
    http://will.illinois.edu/focus/weekly/P4/

----- Forwarded message from "Radcliffe, Henry Michael III" <henryr at illinois.edu> -----