[Peace] Fwd: Arab Heritage Week also November 7 - 10 /

Karen Medina kmedina67 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 7 13:03:21 CST 2011

The Arab Student Association is hosting its annual Arab Heritage Week
(AHW), November 7-10, 2011. The purpose of AHW is to spread awareness
about Arab culture, societies and issues of contemporary concern, such
as democracy in the Middle East, the relationship between media and
politics and gender issues. We believe that this is imperative to
promote intercultural understanding, especially given the many
existing misconceptions about Arabs.

Arab Heritage Week incorporates a series of diverse events that are
informative, fun and exciting, including:

Middle Eastern Cooking Night
Monday November 7 at 7 pm in the ARC Kitchen / Concourse Level /
Activities and Recreation Center
201 East Peabody Drive
Champaign, IL 61820

Voices of the People: Arabic Poetry
Henna Tattoos and Arabic Calligraphy
Tuesday November 8 at 8:30 pm Allen Hall Main Lounge / 1005 W. Gregory
Dr., Urbana, Illinois

"Dabke" The Traditional Dance
Wednesday November 9 at 7 pm in ARC Multi-Pupose Room 7 / / Activities
and Recreation Center
201 East Peabody Drive
Champaign, IL 61820

Join the Arab Spring--A tour through the Revolutions of 2011
(will include a live skype session)
Thursday November 10 at 7 pm in Illini Union Room 210 / 1401 West
Green Street Urbana, Illinois

The Arab Student Association is cordially inviting all students,
faculty, and staff to these events. The events of AHW are unique and
of great educational value. Come and let us share our Heritage with
you!