[Peace] Urbana Showing of "Budrus" this Saturday at Wesley

Robert Naiman naiman at justforeignpolicy.org
Thu Sep 15 09:31:56 CDT 2011

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Churches for Middle East Peace <info at cmep.org>
Date: Tue, Sep 13, 2011 at 11:39 AM
Subject: Urbana Showing of "Budrus" this Saturday
To: naiman at justforeignpolicy.org

<http://org2.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=JUyWlhSt%2BRyylIKW1BZKWBPnun8cJ46J><http://org2.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=v0NwaHlxQXLJAEzTf6WVbxPnun8cJ46J><http://org2.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=PAr9J4fx3UYCLKCulQ2TyxPnun8cJ46J><http://org2.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=u7E5E7Cbp7pTzytXN3E1pRPnun8cJ46J>

Dear Friend,

  We want to make you aware of a event that is happening near you, which you
may be interested in attending.

Sincerely,

CMEP
------------------------------

*Wesley United Methodist Church at the University of Illinois &
Wesley Foundation at the University of Illinois*

Invite you to a showing of

*“Budrus”
Saturday, September 17, 2011
7:00 PM
at 1203 W. Green Street, Urbana IL 61801*

The film “Budrus” documents the power of non-violence to transform conflict
in Israel-Palestine. Wesley United Methodist Church and the Wesley
Foundation will be showing “Budrus” on Saturday, September 17, 2011 at 7:00
pm. This documentary is set in the village of Budrus in Palestine, where
villagers objected to the building of the Israeli wall through their olive
trees, the source of many villagers’ income. We invite you to join us for
the viewing of this documentary followed by a discussion about the film and
the power of non-violence for conflict transformation.

As social animals, we are prone to encounter conflict. Whether trivial or
significant, conflict can define families and communities by the ways in
which we respond to it. Perceived threats to the security of peoples and
resources are the foundations for some of the most contentious conflicts in
our world today. Yet responding non-violently to these conflicts can
transform and change the direction of events. Our hope is that you will be
inspired to respond to conflicts in your reach with nonviolence, to support
those who do, and, if you feel so compelled, to share this story with others
in your community.

This screening is one of many free screenings happening in Illinois, made
possible by Just Foreign Policy and Churches for Middle East Peace.