[Peace] AWARE @ Farmer's Market AND Main Event demonstration this Sat... and, moving back to main market area next week

Stuart Levy slevy at ncsa.illinois.edu
Fri Sep 30 10:40:15 CDT 2011

AWARE will be at the Farmer's Market as usual this Saturday, 8am-noon,
and it should be sunny and chilly.

Tomorrow will be the first Saturday of the month, and also
the week marking ten years since our invasion of Afghanistan.
Our monthly *anti-war demonstration* will be at Main & Neil, 2:00-4:00PM -
please pass by or come join us for any of that time - we'll have signs,
or bring your own, or just stand with us.

If you have time to come & help at the Market booth in the morning,
please do.  We could especially use someone for third shift, 10:40-noon,
or to transport the market swag back to Champaign at noon.

If you're coming from the west or passing anywhere near campus,
be, um, aware: there's a midmorning Saturday football game,
and lots of streets (including Kirby/Florida) will be blocked off.

Starting *next* week, Oct 8th and through the rest of the season,
the community groups including AWARE will be back inside the main
market area, along the north edge, as in previous years.
This is "per Urbana City Council request", made possible now
because vendors drop out as autumn comes on.
No promises about what happens next year.

   Stuart