[Peace] Voter Registration Training at CCHCC on August 28 at 2 p.m.!

jgeo61 at comcast.net jgeo61 at comcast.net
Tue Aug 21 22:20:30 UTC 2012

Count me in....

In Peace,
Joy

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jenifer Cartwright" <jencart13 at yahoo.com>
To: "Peace-discuss" <peace-discuss at lists.chambana.net>, "Peace List" <peace at lists.chambana.net>
Sent: Tuesday, August 21, 2012 4:13:14 PM
Subject: [Peace] Voter Registration Training at CCHCC on August 28 at 2 p.m.!

Pls help if you agree that an Obama second term would be tons less scary than than a Romney first.

--- On Mon, 8/20/12, Champaign County Health Care Consumers <cchcc at healthcareconsumers.org> wrote:

Dear Friends,

As we approach the Presidential General Elections on November 6, Champaign
County Health Care Consumers (CCHCC) is gearing up to get out the vote
through voter registration and voter education - AND WE NEED YOUR HELP!

To be eligible to vote on November 6, residents must be registered by
October 9, 2012.

Join CCHCC Staff, Board members, and volunteers for a Deputy Registrar
training on Tuesday, August 28 at 2 p.m. The training will be conducted by
the Champaign County Clerk's Office. Individuals who serve as deputy
registrars play a vital role in the democratic process by registering
people to vote. Please see below for more information on the Deputy
Registrar training, responsibilities of a Deputy Registrar, and resources
for registered voters.

* * * * * * * * * * * *

WHAT: Deputy Registrar Training, Conducted by the Champaign County Clerk's
Office

WHEN: Tuesday, August 28, 2012, 2 - 3:30 p.m.

WHERE: CCHCC Office, 44 E. Main St., Suite 208, downtown Champaign

There is metered parking available. The CCHCC Office is also accessible by
several of the CU-MTD bus lines.

The event is free and open to the public. PLEASE RSVP by 12 noon on
Monday, August 27. To RSVP, please contact Jen Tayabji at
jen at healthcareconsumers.org or (217) 352-6533.

* * * * * * * * * * * *

INFORMATION ABOUT SERVING AS A DEPUTY REGISTRAR:

To serve as a Deputy Registrar, you:
1. Must be a registered voter in Champaign County.
2. Must be able to print legibly.
3. Must be able to deal courteously with all kinds of people.
4. Deputy Registrars must be able to follow instructions in a dependable
and conscientious manner.

Important Policy: While on duty, reference to particular parties,
officeholders, candidates, and/or questions of public policy or referenda
appearing on the ballot is inappropriate. Abuse of this policy will lead to
dismissal from the program. Deputy Registrars must not accept payment for
their services. Candidates running for public office cannot participate in
the Deputy Registrar program.

To be eligible to vote on November 6, residents must be registered by
October 9, 2012.

For more information the qualifications and responsibilities, please
visit:
http://www.champaigncountyclerk.com/elections/deputy_registrar.html

* * * * * * * * * * * *

INFORMATION FOR REGISTERED VOTERS:

Through the Champaign County Clerk's website, you can also verify your
voter registration status, view your voting districts, view your sample
ballot, and find your polling place by visiting:
https://www.champaigncountyclerk.com/elections/registration_status.html

IF YOU NEED TO UPDATED YOUR ADDRESS, you can do that by going to:
http://www.champaigncountyclerk.com/elections/change_of_address.html

You can also contact the Champaign County Clerk's office at (217) 384-3720
if you have questions.

* * * * * * * * * * * *

On behalf of Champaign County Health Care Consumers, we hope you will join
us in our voter registration efforts by becoming a Deputy Registrar! CCHCC
will also be issuing Ballot and Voting Guides that will share candidates'
Social Security. Please stay tuned for CCHCC's upcoming voter education
activities and events as we get closer to the November elections!

Sincerely,
Champaign County Health Care Consumers

Champaign County Health Care Consumers
44 E. Main Street Suite 208