[Peace] (no subject)

Karen Medina kmedina67 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 6 23:51:39 UTC 2012

Fight Back - Live Better! Prospects for the labor movement
Public Event · By Iso Uiuc

Today (Thursday, December 6, 2012)
7:00pm until 8:30pm
1027 Lincoln Hall

Organized labor activity across the country has intensified in the
last months. From the successful Chicago teachers' strike, to the
campaign to unionize Walmart stores and logistics subcontractors. Just
recently, our very own GEO has reached a tentative agreement with the
University administration, after making it clear that they were
willing to strike.

>From all these actions, lessons on democracy, militancy and organizing
tactics can be learned. Join us to discuss the significance of 2012
for labor and get involved with the ISO as we plan more labor
solidarity in the months to come.