[Peace] One Winter Night / fundraiser for homeless in Champaign Urbana / Friday Feb 3, 5pm-9pm, downtown Champaign

Karen Medina kmedina67 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 3 17:05:44 CST 2012

[I don't know anything about this group, Community Foundation, but
they got people like Mayor Gerard and Pastor Gary Grogan to spend the
night out on the Champaign streets tonight. -karen medina]

One Winter Night / fundraiser for homeless in Champaign Urbana
http://www.cuathome.us/one-winter-night

Believe it or not, on any given night, over 500 people in Champaign
County do not spend the night in their own home. Some sleep with
friends. Others sleep in shelters. Some sleep in cars. And others
sleep outside. The goal of C-U at Home One Winter Night is to raise
awareness about those who are homeless, helping others realize that
someday that could be me. C-U at home is dedicated to housing and
supporting the most vulnerable homeless, those who are more likely to
die early unless their circumstances change.

One Winter Night will be held in the heart of downtown Champaign,
centered around the corner of Neil St. and Main St. We invite you to
come by and show your support of helping the homeless on Friday,
February 3, 2012. All of the public figures will be outside from
5pm-9pm that night, and then the clock will start ticking. For every
$100 raised on behalf of each public figure, that person will stay
outside one more hour. The goal is to raise at least $1000 for each
public figure and have them spend the entire night shivering outside,
realizing a bit of what it would be like to be homeless in Champaign
in the winter.

Please make your check payable to the Community Foundation, and put
C-U at Home along with the NAME of the public figure you are
supporting on the memo line. Then mail your check to:

C-U at Home
PO Box 8816
Champaign, IL 61826

THANK YOU for helping the homeless!