[Peace] January and February Restorative Circles practice sessions

Karen Medina kmedina67 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 4 15:45:49 CST 2012

[Forwarded message. I strongly believe Restorative Circles has the greatest
potential for true justice and in the peace process. - karen medina ]

The Restorative Circles group has scheduled the first two Resorative
Circles facilitation practice groups of 2012.  *The practice sessions will
be in the auditorium of the Urbana library (in basement) on Sundays, Jan 22
and Feb. 19 from 2 - 4pm*.  There has been a larger turnout lately.  We
spend almost the entire time on practice rather than on talking about the
process.  That said, we welcome newcomers, even those without previous
experience with RC, so please feel free to share this invitation with
anyone you think would enjoy attending.

Apart from the practice groups, Elaine and I are also happy to work with
local groups and organizations interested in setting up RC systems for
themselves.

Finally, If you haven't yet had a chance to listen to it, here again is the
interview with Dominic that aired on WILL-radio the day before the public
learning event: http://will.illinois.edu/focus/interview/focus101011b1/

Looking forward to seeing you on the 22nd!

Mikhail

"A Restorative Circle is a community process for supporting those in
conflict. It brings together the three parties to a conflict - those who
have acted, those directly impacted and the wider community - within a
chosen systemic context, to dialogue as equals." -
http://www.psysr.org/issues/restorative/

Mikhail Lyubansky, Ph.D.
Department of Psychology, University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign:
http://www.psych.uiuc.edu/~lyubansk

Secretary, Psychologists for Social Responsibility (PsySR)<http://www.psysr.org>
Blogger, Psychology Today:
http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/between-the-lines