[Peace] AWARE demonstration Saturday 2-4pm; Occupy GA meeting tonight: 6pm Friday, CPL room C

Stuart Levy salevy at illinois.edu
Fri Jan 6 15:45:37 CST 2012

Dear peaceable people,

Good new year, all.

Tomorrow, Jan 7th, is the first Sat. of the month, and we have wars to
oppose.  Please come stand with us and against them - Main and Neil,
downtown Champaign, from 2:00-4:00pm Saturday.

Carl is creating a flyer, involving the not-so-very end to the war in
Iraq, and despicable provisions in the recently signed NDAA.  There have
been some wonderfully bitter cartoons about those - see this
<http://boingboing.net/2011/12/21/tom-the-dancing-bug-so-yo.html> ("So
you've been indefinitely detained"
<http://boingboing.net/2011/12/21/tom-the-dancing-bug-so-yo.html>, from
Ruben Bolling's Tom the Dancing Bug <http://tomthedancingbug.com/>).

We'll be joined tomorrow by Occupy Champaign-Urbana, who are holding
their weekly Saturday demonstration at the same time & place with ours.

Also, the Occupy CU General Assembly meeting is *today* - Friday evening
from 6pm-9pm, in Champaign Public Library room C.

Among agenda items:  a proposed Jan. 20th rally about corporate
personhood/money-as-speech, as suggested by the national MoveToAmend.org
<http://movetoamend.org/> group.  Also, with luck we may have some new
Move Your Money buttons, thanks to Sean and Pat!