[Peace] AWARE/OccupyCU demonstration tomorrow (Bastille Day!), Main & Neil, 2-4pm Saturday

Stuart Levy stuartnlevy at gmail.com
Fri Jul 13 23:28:08 UTC 2012

Hey all,

If endless war and economic inequality don't suit your idea of a good
time, please join AWARE and Occupy CU on the street tomorrow to protest
against them -

     2-4 PM Saturday, July 14th (Bastille Day!)
     Main and Neil streets, downtown Champaign

(Postponed from last week due to the terrible heat then.   Tomorrow
should be hot, high 80s/low 90s, but bearable.  There's a chance of rain
too.)

Two anniversaries tomorrow...

   It's Bastille Day, the 233rd anniversary of the French revolution
     Shall we sing the Marseillaise?   Wear the squares of red cloth of
this year's Quebec anti-austerity protests?  Or how about "NO cuts" like
those from demonstrations happening now in Spain - these were from just
today:

http://www.sfgate.com/business/article/Spanish-civil-servants-protest-wage-cuts-3704510.php

And, tomorrow is Woody Guthrie's 100th birthday!
    We have to sing at lest Union Maid.   Maybe This Land is Your Land.

AWARE will also be at the Farmer's Market tomorrow morning, 8-noon.
Please come by & talk!