[Peace] help for Farmer's Market transport, for next three weeks? and, come sing with us!

Stuart Levy salevy at illinois.edu
Thu Jun 14 14:26:35 UTC 2012

If anyone with a car has time on the next three Saturday mornings,
AWARE's Farmer's Market presence could use your help!

Either at around 7:45 or at noon, we need to transport a compact-carload
of tables/chairs/boxes/signs to the market.
If you can be there for either of those, *especially this Saturday*,
please let me know!

We can also use people to staff the booth, during any part of the morning.

Especially come by if you like to sing (or at least are willing to cover
your ears while others try to).
Pam Carsey, who actually *can* sing, has been offering to teach some songs,
and what better place than the Market?

Let's have a chorus of Phil Ochs' "I ain't marchin' anymore" -

> I marched to the battle of New Orleans
> At the end of the early British war
> A young land was a-growin', the young blood started flowin'
> But I ain't marchin' anymore
>
> I killed my share of Indians in a thousand different fights
> I was there at the Little Big Horn
> I saw many men a-lyin', I saw many more a dyin',
> But I ain't marchin' anymore
>
> 'Cause its always the old who lead us off to war
> Always the young to fall
> Take a look at what we've won with a saber and a gun
> Tell me was it worth it all?
[...and more...]