[Peace] [OccupyCU] Champaign County Board meeting on Jail - Tuesday, March 13 @ 6 p.m.

Michael Weissman mbwmbwmbw at gmail.com
Mon Mar 12 17:15:07 UTC 2012

Hey  Ian- Good question. As I understand it, we'd actually voted to make
these FNG actions a priority. They're advertised on our leaflets, and we've
been invited to have a speaker. So I think it counts as a genuine OCU
event. With regard to the County Board, it's fortunate that the timing
works out so people can, barely, do both.

On Sun, Mar 11, 2012 at 9:57 AM, Karen Medina <kmedina67 at gmail.com> wrote:

> The jail issue will again be on the agenda.
>
> Champaign County Board  meeting
> Tuesday evening, March 13 at 6 p.m.
> at the Brookens Administration Center, 1776 E. Washington, Urbana
>
> CUCPJ and others will be raising the  racial  "tokenism" comments by
> the Champaign County State’s Attorney Julia Reitz at the last session.
>
> We will also discussion alternatives to incarceration.
>
> County Board member Michael Richards* will announce the members of the
> public who will
> make up a team under Justice and Social Services that will study how
> to improve the county criminal justice system without building new
> jail cells and/or locking people up.
>
> ----
> * Michael Richards (D)
> 506 N. Elm Street
> Champaign, IL 61820
> Cell - (217) 390-1740
> mcrchrds 'at 'hotmail "dot" com
> 4 year term - 2/2010 - 12/2012
> County Board District 6
> District 6 / Precincts - Champaign 2 (portion), City of Champaign 9,
> 10, 11, 19, 20, 25, 26, 30, 31, 35, 37 (portion)

Michael Weissman