[Peace] 2pm Sunday: "The Yes Men Fix the World", Champaign Public Library room B

Stuart Levy salevy at illinois.edu
Sat Mar 17 18:18:42 UTC 2012

AWARE Films is back with a film we've been waiting to show...
At 2pm Sunday 3/18, in Champaign Public Library Robeson room B, please
come see this documentary:

*The Yes Men Fix The World* <http://theyesmenfixtheworld.com/>

The Yes Men - intrepid performance artists, satirists, political
activists - impersonate executives of corporations they don't like and
make news happen the way it ought to.  Did Dow Chemical compensate the
survivors of the Bhopal insecticide-plant explosion?  Did US HUD offer
to rebuild low-income housing in New Orleans?   No - but the Yes Men,
dressed in bland business suits, tell the world that they will be.

We have created a market system that makes doing the right thing
impossible, say the Yes Men, and the people who appear to be leading are
actually following its pathological dictates. If we keep putting the
market in the driver's seat, it could happily drive the whole planet off
a cliff.

The Yes Men peel back layers of lies to reveal truth - and with it hope
- in ingeniously hilarious ways.

When & where: 2 p.m. Sunday, March 18, Champaign Public Library Robeson
room "B".

We'll have some refreshments.  Free, and all are welcome.  Please join us!