[Peace] One Man’s Journey from Hollywood to Haiti / An Invitation to hear Gerry Straub

Karen Medina kmedina67 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 19 14:30:30 UTC 2012

[Hi Peace, I am going to go to this April 3 and 4th. I have met Gerry
Straub several times, and seen several of his works. He used to be a
Hollywood film-maker and one day left all that and started making
documentary-like films about poverty, homelessness, and other
humanitarian issues. I don't know if others may be interested because
of his strong religious themes (he's a Secular Franciscan now), but I
thought I would share it either way. -karen medina]

The Secular Franciscans of the St. Margaret of Cortona Fraternity invite you to:
What:   A special presentation with Gerry Straub
“From Poverty to Prayer: One Man’s Journey from Hollywood to Haiti.”
Where: St. Mary’s Catholic Church
527 W Jackson St
Bloomington, IL 61701
When:  Tuesday April 3, 2012
7:00 - 9:00 p.m.

Gerard Thomas Straub, a Secular Franciscan, is the author of the “The
Sun and Moon over Assisi,” film & documentary producer and founder of
Pax et Bonum.

See link: http://gerrystraub.wordpress.com/pax-et-bonum/

To preview a trailer of Gerry’s latest film, “Mud Pies & Kites.”
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Esd3_4tFRfs

>From filming amid the glitz of Hollywood to the worst slums on earth,
Gerry Straub presents with his films a compelling journey of God’s
love.

Gerry has produced network television shows and daytime soap operas
and has taught television writing & directing at the Pontifical
Gregorian University in Rome, Italy.

All of us in the St. Margaret of Cortona Fraternity are so joyful at
being able to bring Gerry to Central Illinois.

We hope that you will be able to make plans to attend this special event.

Come see and experience the power of conversion and resurrection –
“From Poverty to Prayer”.

If you have any questions concerning the event contact: David & Ann
(309) 664-1135

Please share this invitation with other Franciscans in your area.

Hope to see you there!

Peace and all good.

Cyndy Garwood, OFS

Minister St. Margaret of Cortona Fraternity

309-830-5581

If you are interested in posters and handouts for bulletin boards and
to distribute to small group bible studies and adult ministries,

please notify us and we will try to accommodate your needs.

There is no charge for either of these presentations – there will be a
free-will offering at the end of the presentation for those moved to
donate.

We have included sample bulletin announcements, see below, for those
who have bulletins and are able to insert into your bulletins.

SAMPLE BULLETIN ANNOUNCEMENT:

>From Hollywood to Haiti

Gerard Thomas Straub, a Secular Franciscan, film producer and author
will be giving 2 public presentations sharing his journey from filming
amid the glitz of

 Hollywood to the worst slums on earth. Gerry Straub presents with his
films a compelling journey of God’s love.

Tuesday April 3rd 7pm-9pm at St. Mary’s Catholic Church at 527 W.
Jackson St., Bloomington, Illinois presenting:

“From Hollywood to Haiti: One Man’s Journey of Faith” sponsored by The
Secular Franciscan Order.

Wednesday April 4th 7pm-10pm at ISU Capen Auditorium showcasing his
latest film, “Mud Pies & Kites”

a film about Haiti sponsored by the ISU Socio-political Film Festival
where he will also be a recipient of the

2012 Documentary Project Voice of Conscience Award.

The most important thing is that we wish to extend an invitation to
you to witness one of the more powerful faith-filled events to come to
Central Illinois in 2012.

If you have questions please call David Nybakke, ofs and Ann Charback,
ofs at 664-1135.

Peace

David Nybakke, ofs

Ann Charback, ofs