[Peace] Thursday, Nov. 8: GEO rally, "Let Us Work: Work With Us"

Brian Dolinar briandolinar at gmail.com
Wed Nov 7 03:11:07 UTC 2012

The GEO is once again trying to bargain with the UIUC administration,
currently engaged campaign to bust all unions on campus. In November 2009
they held a two-day strike to bring the administration to get a contract.
Come out to support them this Thursday at noon outside the Undergrad
Library.

BD

This Thursday marks a big day for Graduate Employees on campus and we are
rallying to show it.

What: GEO rally for a just contract.

Why are we rallying? Thursday marks the final day before we begin federal
mediation in bargaining with the Administration. Showing them that we are
unified, that we are informed, and that we are fired up can help us gain
leverage
at the bargaining table.

Let the Administration know that We Want To Work but first, they have to
Work
With Us.

Take a stand for tuition waiver security, fair wages, quality health care
for
graduate employees, and access to higher education!

We are at a critical point in bargaining our new contract. The
administration
is refusing to guarantee tuition waivers for graduate employees, bargaining
momentum has evaporated, and we've called in a federal mediator. At our last
General Membership Meeting, we voted overwhelmingly in favor of filing
intent-
to-strike paper work with the state. Join your GEO brothers and sisters the
day
before our first scheduled bargaining session with the federal mediator.

When: This Thursday, November 8, Noon - 1:00 PM

Where: In the Plaza by the Undergraduate Library

This is an all-hands-on-deck moment. It's time to show our union power!

---
Brian Dolinar, Ph.D.
303 W. Locust St.
Urbana, IL 61801