[Peace] Thu 7PM: Andrea Brenneke: Seattle's response to a murder with Restorative Circles

Stuart Levy stuartnlevy at gmail.com
Tue Oct 2 15:00:48 UTC 2012

Another Restorative Justice event:  This is from the same series of
telephone conferences, presented by the Peace Alliance (
http://dopeace.us/ ), that began on Sept. 5th with a conversation with
Michelle Alexander (The New Jim Crow).

On *Thursday 10/4, *at *7PM Central time*, there'll be a conference call
with Andrea Brenneke, lawyer and social activist, who organized a
Restorative Circle process following the Seattle police killing of a
Native American woodcutter in 2010.  Some of us met her when she visited
C-U during the conference on Restorative Circles which Mikhail Lyubansky
and others put together last year.

See this article Ms. Brenneke wrote about the process, and its effect on
community-police relations in Seattle:
http://www.tikkun.org/nextgen/a-restorative-circle-in-the-wake-of-a-police-shooting

If you'd like to join the call, just sign up (see below or click here
<http://dopeace.us/events/restorative-justice-telecouncil-series-andrea-brenneke>)
and phone in on Thursday evening.   There will be some chance to ask
questions.

Recordings of earlier sessions, including Michelle Alexander's and one
with U of I psychologist Mikhail Lyubansky, are on the web - see
dopeace.us <http://dopeace.us/>