[Peace] ARTS UNDERGROUND | Unity March Radical Art-Making

Brian Dolinar briandolinar at gmail.com
Sun Oct 14 19:11:06 UTC 2012

There will be a sign making party with the Beehive Collective Friday night
following their 7pm show at the IMC. Check it out. BD

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There's going to be an art-making this upcoming Friday (10-19) for
activists in the community interested in making protest signs and artwork
for our CUCPJ's Unity March "Alternatives to Incarceration" on Saturday.
Please help us get the word out and invite folks interested in coming
together with activists of all strides who seek alternatives to
incarceration and an end to the prison industrial complex.

Read on and invite activists, organizers, and community members!

*ARTS UNDERGROUND | Unity March Radical Art-Making *
*Friday, October 19th from 9pm-midnight *
*Independent Media Center basement--Family Room & Studio*
Come join activists and organizers in creating discourse, media, and
cultural knowledge production. It's time our stories are echoed through the
streets of our community. Local activists, organizers, and community
members are called to an artmaking convergence in the basement of the local
Independent Media Center in Urbana where we'll be making zines, prints,
posters, puppets and signs to use at our UNITY MARCH on Saturday. This is a
call to all people in our community--let's gather
together. ARTS UNDERGROUND is a space for working on projects whether you
plan to organize collectively or kick-it alone--the opportunities are
yours. Food + some art supplies will be provided along with facilitated
workspaces, music (provided by DJ Array), and resource-sharing. All are
welcome. Members of the Beehive Collective, a radical print and design
group, will be joining us in radical art making after their show at 7pm.
Learn more about it here <https://www.facebook.com/events/114366088719109/>
!

Invite your friends on Facebook to ARTS UNDERGROUND!
https://www.facebook.com/events/537553879595212/?context=create#

*ABOUT SATURDAY'S UNITY MARCH:*
At our forum on "Alternatives to Incarceration" on August 21st we announced
a follow up meeting on Wednesday, October 10. We have postponed this.
Instead we encourage you to attend the 9th annual Unity March on October
20th. The theme for the march will be "Alternatives to Incarceration." In
keeping with the theme we will march from the downtown jail (at the county
courthouse)  to the satellite jail at Brookens in East Urbana. *We will
assemble at 12 noon at the courthouse.
*
We will have a program of speakers and entertainment. Weather permitting we
will have a picnic in East Urbana. If the weather is not friendly we will
return to the Independent Media Center 202 N. Broadway for a pot luck. Rain
or shine, we will have buses to transport people back from the satellite to
downtown Urbana. Invite folks on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/events/276470652471748/?fref=ts

--
Brian Dolinar, Ph.D.
303 W. Locust St.