[Peace] TONIGHT: Beehive Collective & Arts Underground; TOMORROW: Unity March

mark enslin enslin.mark at gmail.com
Fri Oct 19 20:01:48 UTC 2012

1. The Beehive Design Collective, a radical activist arts group from Maine,
are bringing their road show to the IMC tonight, 7pm. They create
intricate, extensively-researched posters situating complex political
issues—the true cost of coal, Plan Colombia, globalization—and offer them
as organizing tools.

2. Afterwards, the bees will join locals downstairs for the Arts
Underground: Unity March Radical Art-Making in the Grandpa Wahlfelt / SDAS
room & puppet studio in the Independent Media Center basement. Signs for
the march, other art projects, letter writing, udderbot music ... Scott
Kimball and I will bring refreshments (anyone who does not usually think of
offering refreshments to such events is welcome to bring something also).

3. And tomorrow, Saturday 10/20/12, 11:30am-3:30pm join us for the Unity
March from the County Jail in downtown Urbana to the Satellite Jail in east
Urbana! The theme this year: *Alternatives to Incarceration*. Start at the
downtown jail in Urbana, opposite the county courthouse...
Tell public officials that we want:   Education, not Incarceration *
Services, not Cells * Affordable Housing, not Jail Housing!
Food and drink at the Independent Media Center to follow.