[Peace] [Peace-discuss] film: The Gatekeepers -- documentary featuring six heads of Israel's security service; at Art this week; including Monday 4/1 7:30PM Q&A

Karen Medina kmedina67 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 1 04:16:26 UTC 2013

Gatekeepers is well-worth seeing. Please consider seeing it, and attending
the Q and A session after the Monday 7:30pm showing.

We saw this documentary at the 9:30pm showing Saturday because we have 2
other meetings to go to Monday and will miss the Monday evening event with
the Q and A with the U of I professor.

 A film worth seeing at the Art Theater in Champaign (thecuart.com) this
> week:
>
> "The Gatekeepers," featuring interviews with six heads of Israel's Shin
> Bet security organization through its history.  Topics including the
> efficacy of torture, collateral damage, and the morality of targeted
> assassination.
>

> Especially note the Monday 7:30pm showing, with discussion afterward led
> by Imad Al-Qadi.
>

> FYI, The Gatekeepers is one of *two* feature films the Art is showing this
> week - so it's in many but not all of the usual film time slots.
> Specifically:
>
>     4/1  Monday   7:30PM [* with Q&A after 7:30 Monday showing]
>     4/2  Tuesday  7:30PM
>     4/3  Wednesday 5:00PM
>     4/4  Thursday 7:30PM
>
>  The film's wikipedia entry notes:
>
> ====================================
> The film consists of seven segments:
>
>    - No Strategy, Just Tactics – covering the emerging role of the Shin
>    Bet from the Six-Day War and the occupation of the Palestinian territories
>    - Forget About Morality – about the 300 bus incident
>    - One Man’s Terrorist Is Another Man’s Freedom Fighter – about the
>    peace process following the Oslo Accords
>    - Our Own Flesh and Blood – about Jewish terrorism, including the
>    Jewish Underground and the assassination of Yitzhak Rabin
>    - Victory Is to See You Suffer – about negotiations with the
>    Palestinians during the Second Intifada
>    - Collateral Damage – about the assassination of Yahya Ayyash and
>    other prominent Hamas militants
>    - The Old Man at the End of the Corridor – consisting of reflections
>    on the activities of the Shin Bet and their ethical and strategic impact on
>    the State of Israel

-- karen medina
"The really great make you feel that you, too, can become great." - Mark
Twain