[Peace] Light the Path to Citizenship-Don't Block it! / Wednesday, April 10, 5:20pm

Karen Medina kmedina67 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 3 02:15:52 UTC 2013

Light the Path to Citizenship-Don't Block it!
Wednesday, April 10, 2013, 5:20pm - 7:00pm at University YMCA - UIUC / 1001
S. Wright St., Champaign, Illinois

The November elections reset the national debate on immigration reform. As
a result there is a narrow window of opportunity to make Comprehensive
Immigration Reform (CIR) a reality and provide a pathway to citizenship for
millions of our family, friends and neighbors.

But we must act now!

On April 10th, organizations across the country will be holding events as
part of a National Day of Action to build support for CIR. Locally, the
Champaign-Urbana Immigration Forum is organizing a local vigil to demonstrate
local support for comprehensive immigration reform. To maximize its impact,
the C-U Immigration Forum is seeking your organization’s support for a
march and vigil on April 10 called – “Light the Path to Citizenship – Don’t
Block It!”

This event will begin at 5:30 PM at the University Y (1001 South Wright
Street). From there we will march to the Unitarian Universalist Church,
home of the East Central Illinois Refugee Mutual Assistance Center
(ECIRMAC) at 309 West Green, Urbana for a brief rally before proceeding to
the federal Courthouse in downtown Urbana. We anticipate the event will
conclude around 7 PM.