[Peace] Fwd: Bus to 4/18 Keystone XL Pipeline Hearing in Grand Island, NE

Karen Medina kmedina67 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 15 10:38:50 UTC 2013

Is the Keystone XL Pipeline on your list of issues?
You might want to go to the ONE public hearing.
In Grand Island. Nebraska.
There are buses leaving from Chicago. April 17, very soon.

Below is information about the Sierra Club bus to the pipeline hearing
Go! Stand in the way!
-----
Illinois Bus to Keystone XL Hearing in Grand Island, Nebraska
Sierra Club - Tony Fuller
Wednesday, April 17, 2013 at 7:30 Pick-Up 8:00 PM Departure
http://illinoiskeystonehearingbus.eventbrite.com

Hello climate champions,

On April 18th, citizens from across the country will gather in Grand
Island, Nebraska to attend the Department of State’s only hearing on
the Keystone XL tar sands pipeline. This is our one opportunity to be
officially on record telling the Obama administration to reject
Keystone XL. Can you make it?  If, not can you recruit a friend to
come or help pay for someone to come?

It was great being a Bus Two leader to the Forward on Climate Rally in
DC.  I heard from or met many of you during the trip.  Seeing your
commitment, hearing your stories and seeing your actions in DC was
inspiring.  But our work is not done.  We need to show up in force at
this hearing to make it clear that tar sands oil is not the way we
will move this country towards addressing our climate crisis.

We will be leaving Chicago on April 17th at 8pm sharp for another
overnight bus trip.  We will arrive in time to sign up for the hearing
in the morning.  The hearing will take place on April 18th from
noon-8pm with a break from 3:30-4pm at the Heartland Events Center in
Grand Island, NE.  The bus will leave Nebraska after the hearing and
return the morning of the 19th.

Please buy your ticket now at:

http://illinoiskeystonehearingbus.eventbrite.com

Let me know if you are considering buying a ticket but need more time.
 We need to get a rough count as soon as possible to make sure we
we're on track to meet our goal of filling the bus.  Bus tickets
should be purchased no later than Sunday April 14 at 6:00 PM.

We need your energy and involvement to make this bus happen on short
notice.   If you can't make it, please help recruit someone who can or
help donate whatever you can afford on the eventbrite page to help
send someone in your place.  We will also have a limited number of
reduced rate tickets for students or those who need assistance.

Thank you so much!  Joining or contributing towards this event will
help to make your voice heard and have the President stay true to his
promise to tackle climate change and reject the Keystone XL pipeline.
I look forward to working with you all again.If you have questions,
please email me, Tony Fuller, ftone13 at gmail.com or call 773.426.8568.

Forward,

Tony Fuller
Sierra Club Volunteer

IL-PRAIRIE-ALERTS-signoff-request at LISTS.SIERRACLUB.ORG Check out our
Listserv Lists support site for more information:
http://www.sierraclub.org/lists/faq.asp

--
-- karen medina
"The really great make you feel that you, too, can become great." - Mark Twain