[Peace] [Peace-discuss] AWARE on the Air

Karen Aram karenaram at hotmail.com
Mon Sep 30 13:58:57 UTC 2013

Thanks Wayne

I knew you would come up with the perfect word, I was however, hoping it would be English.

Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2013 10:23:44 +0800
From: ewj at pigsqq.org
To: karenaram at hotmail.com
CC: sftalk at yahoogroups.com; carl at newsfromneptune.com; occupycu at lists.chambana.net; peace at anti-war.net
Subject: Re: [Peace-discuss] AWARE on the Air

Propaganda comes from a latin term that implies

multiplication of plants by setting out of small shoots that

develop into larger plants.

It does not necessarily imply that the information is false

but there is an intent to persuade and create opinion.

The Chinese emperors used the term xuan chuan

to indicate the dissemination of "information" that

shaped public opinion.  Xuan is pronounced something like

shyuan and means to declare.  Chuan means to spread.

Inherent in the notion of propagandizing is that opinion is

malleable and subject to various subterfuges, hence a neg connotation.

Friends, romans, countrymen, lend me your "-eers"

(engineers, pioneers, profiteers, volunteers, tears, fears, ...)