[Peace] **TOWN HALL MEETING TOMORROW 09/29 and UIUC Graduate Letter to Chancellor WIse

SJP UIUC via Peace peace at lists.chambana.net
Thu Aug 28 22:22:50 EDT 2014

To those in support of academic freedom,

Attention all UIUC graduate students! Sign and share this letter to
Chancellor Phyllis Wise in support of Professor Steven Salaita. We must
continue applying pressure on the administration and make it known that, we
as students, are not happy with the decision made,

*Link:*
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1I5cuqfWkd_Y3560RTxVTFXTl6m7iU0mdJs9w8kEy_w0/viewform

Additionally,
Please come and share your thoughts, demands and concerns this Friday, so
we can bring them forth in our meeting with Chancellor Wise this Monday!
(Not limited to graduate students only)

Town Hall meeting to follow-up the Student Action to Reinstate Steven
Salaita and in preparation for student meeting with Chancellor Phyllis Wise
on Monday (Labor Day) to support Salaita.

*TOMORROW Friday 8/29 7:30pm in the Sanctuary/Main Hall/Church of Wesley
Foundation at UIUC.* Definite location will be announced by tonight.

All are welcome to attend and support Salaita!

*Link to Facebook page:*
https://www.facebook.com/events/794798527226442/?ref=4

We would like to make it known that these initiatives are not solely SJP's
but rather part of a larger effort, consisting of numerous associations,
groups, and organizers.

In Solidarity,
SJP UIUC