[Peace] FW: Pack the Place!

David Green davegreen84 at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 2 13:57:30 UTC 2014

Hi Germaine,

Please allow me to offer a correction and response. First, if you are referring to the debate sponsored by the NG/NAACP/City Hall, that I will also be speaking at, it's on Thursday 2/20. I will be debating Ann Callis and George Gollin, all of us candidates in the Democratic Party primary. The debate between Ammons & Rosenberg follow the above debate. The Repubs in IL-13 go first.

Germaine, my impression is that you support Ann Callis, based on your $250 contribution to her campaign. My impression of Ann Callis is that she trumpets her son's "service" in the military as a Ranger stationed in Kuwait. Granted, she has nothing specific to say at all about foreign policy. Both of my opponents wrap themselves in the flag of "veterans services." From my understanding, Callis does the exact opposite of "fighting for social justice." In all honesty, I don't find Gollin to be seriously involved in the right side of that fight either.

My impression of Callis is also that she foregrounds her role as a judge, "facing down murderers and drug dealers" in her courtroom for 18 years. I find this to be what has been recently called "dog whistle politics," coded language to appeal to white fears and racism. Germaine, I can't imagine that you and Gene support these tactics. The war on drugs, as I'm sure you know, has primary been a war against black males committing victimless "crimes."

Germaine, you are cordially invited to attend my social event next Sunday, no financial obligation required, details on my campaign website. I look forward to discussing such issues with those who attend, including you and Gene.

Best regards,

David