[Peace] SJP and CAIR: Invitation to Rabbi Brant Rosen Lecture

SJP UIUC sjp.uiuc at gmail.com
Thu Mar 6 22:46:37 UTC 2014

Greetings!

Hope all is well. We would like to to inform that Students for Justice in
Palestine (SJP) of UIUC and the Council on the American-Islamic Relations
(CAIR) will be hosting Rabbi Brant Rosen: journalist, author and blogger,
who is known for his activism and outspokenness on behalf of the
Palestinian people. The lecture is titled "Dissent among the Jewish
Community on the Issue of Israel and Palestine"

A native of Los Angeles, CA and graduate of UCLA and the Reconstructionist
Rabbinical College, he is currently the rabbi of the Jewish
Reconstructionist Congregation in Evanston, IL. Rabbi Brant is also the
co-founder and co-chairperson of the Jewish Voice for Peace Rabbinical
Council. He has dedicated years to  social justice and human rights
activism. This is alongside his worldwide travel as part of peace
delegations.
In 2008, Rosen was named one of the Top 25 Pulpit Rabbis in America by
Newsweek magazine. In 2009 he was awarded the "Partner in Justice" Award
and in 2010 he received the "Inspiration for Hope Award" by the American
Friends Service Committee.

The event is scheduled to be held on *Monday March 10th, 2014 at 7 pm*. The
location will be *Gregory Hall Room 100*.

On behalf of Rabbi Brant Rosen, all SJP and CAIR members this is an
invitation to join us for this academically engaging and insightful event.
We would appreciate it if the members and/or associates of your group could
support us and gain the perspective of a  social activist for Palestine who
challenges Israel's oppressive regime.

In addition, we would appreciate it if you can forward this email to any
other groups or individuals that might be interested in this event.

Lastly, the flyer to the event has been attached to this email.
We appreciate your help! Remember, we are always available to help your
group as well!

Kind regards,
SJP at UIUC

--