[Peace] Fwd: Fw: Help SJP DePaul Pass Divestment Vote!

SJP UIUC via Peace peace at lists.chambana.net
Tue May 20 00:21:27 EDT 2014

Everyone please find the following message from SJP DePaul attached. They
are trying to pass a divestment resolution this week on campus and are
asking for community support to help
pass the vote!

*Calling all Palestine Activists: Help SJP DePaul Pass Divestment Vote!*

SJP DePaul needs your help!  Next week, DePaul students will vote on our
divestment referendum during Student Government Association (SGA)
elections.  SJP has been organizing and pushing hard to get our referendum
passed.  We have organized our 7th Annual Café
Resistance<https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1417264115207520.1073741829.1406985422902056&type=1>,
brought Remi Kenazi to speak about BDS, hosted a week of educational
events, and made a big push through
tabling<https://scontent-a-dfw.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc1/l/t1.0-9/p403x403/1959334_1419077121692886_3742049356069470407_n.jpg>,
fliers, and publicizing<https://scontent-b-dfw.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/t1.0-9/10172605_1418877445046187_4871400257301617344_n.jpg>
all over campus.  All of our efforts have paid off so far! We have
received endorsements from fifteen student organizations, and this week we
constructed our mock apartheid
wall<http://www.depauliaonline.com/news/students-for-justice-in-palestine-group-at-depaul-puts-up-mock-apartheid-wall-1.3168068#.U3LqAK1dV9Q>outside
of the library, where it will be up for thousands to see until
Thursday evening.

*Even with all the amazing work our dedicated members and allies have been
doing over the past few months, we still need help!  We are calling on
activists to come assist us the week of the vote to help make the final
push to ensure that we pass the divestment resolution.  We need to make
students at DePaul vote, and more importantly, that they vote “Yes” for
divestment.  But we can’t do it without your help.*

*We ask that people join us on the Quad and the Student Center in Lincoln
Park, from 12:00-5:00pm Monday the 19th  and Wednesday the 21st, to help us
flier and get the vote out.  *
*Those who can join us should fill out the following RSVP form
<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1gr-SMwLYLNI63m_fB2QGvVjadbvAXy6b8nDj3RxKNTs/viewform?usp=send_form>.
 We will then contact you once we have set up our volunteer schedule.*

*Please like our facebook page <https://www.facebook.com/dpudivest>, tweet
#DePaulDivest, and sign up to canvass to help us ensure that DePaul joins
the universities across the country calling for divestment from companies
profiting off of oppression and occupation. *