[Peace] Jewish statement

Vukoni Lupa-Lasaga via Peace peace at lists.chambana.net
Thu Sep 4 19:01:19 EDT 2014

Hi David,

I think this is an extremely helpful petition not only in regards to Dr.
Salaita's position but generally on support for academic freedom and the
Palestinian cause on U.S. college campuses. It adds an important category
of voices to the growing clamor for social justice on the U of I campus.

What else has been planned? I ask because I have just returned to Urbana
and during my more than a week of absence, I feel so out of the loop.

Onward!!

Vukoni

On Thu, Sep 4, 2014 at 2:33 PM, David Green via Peace <
peace at lists.chambana.net> wrote:

> These relationships aren't exactly a mystery, or news. Thanks goodness
> that Qatar hasn't abandoned the Palestinians to the extent that Egypt and
> the Saudis have.
>
> If I don't cherish my notions, who will? I aspire to be a demagogue, but
> have failed miserably in that endeavor.
>
> DG
>

>   On Thursday, September 4, 2014 2:25 PM, ya'aQov <yaaqovz at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>

> No, nothing is mystery. Simple google search can unveil the links between
> Qatar, Hamas, and Gaza as tweeted by Salaita.
>
> But you don't have it in you to read and learn something that contradicts
> your cherished notions which you recycle as 'facts'. And which I kindly
> call demagogy.
>
> Luckily, we have to option to sign or NOT the letter.  Even better, I can
> drop a conversation going nowhere.

"You cannot carry out fundamental change without a certain amount of
madness. In this case, it comes from nonconformity, the courage to turn
your back on the old formulas, the courage to invent the future." Thomas
Sankara