[Peace] GBM DATE CHANGE

SJP UIUC via Peace peace at lists.chambana.net
Mon Sep 8 19:50:51 EDT 2014

Hello,

****First. and foremost*, we apologize for not bcc-ing in the last email.
It was a careless mistake and we guarantee it will never happen again.

*UPDATE*: The second general body meeting will be on *Thurs. Sept. 11th at
6 pm*, NOT WEDNESDAY. Same location.

*Also*, the Council on American-Islamic Relations asked us to relay a
message regarding an activist workshop they are hosting.

"Whether it's the advent of free speech and academic boycotts on campus,
racial tensions in Ferguson, or the rise of militant terrorist groups
half-way across the globe, the world we live in is constantly changing and
the components that make up our identity - (race, socioeconomic status,
gender, religion, culture) become the driving force behind the politics of
this nation.This interactive workshop aims to create a thought-provoking
discussion on identity politics and the importance of activism and will be
facilitated by CAIR-Chicago's outreach coordinator, Gerald Hankerson.

The event will be on *Wednesday, September 10 at 6:00 PM at the Asian
American Cultural Center."*

*For more details:* https://www.facebook.com/events/842222545796463/

*Lastly*, if you are no longer a UIUC student (whether you have graduated,
transferred, or whatever it may be) or simply choose to not be involved
with SJP UIUC anymore, send us an email/reply to this email in order to be
removed from our list serv. We appreciate all that you may have done with
us and we're glad you were a part of our organization.

Thank you,
SJP UIUC