[Peace] Upcoming Events and Announcements

SJP UIUC via Peace peace at lists.chambana.net
Fri Sep 19 20:43:49 EDT 2014

Hey everyone! Hope all is well.

*GENERAL ANNOUNCEMENTS*

***If you'd like to, for any reason, be removed from our listserv send us
an email. We can take you off as soon as possible. Thank you for your
support.*

***There will not be a general body meeting the week of 9/22-9/26*

***Spring 2015 - "Palestinians in Modern History" *

 A new class, "Palestinians in Modern History," will be offered this Spring
2015. The class will be taught by Professor Kenneth Cuno and will have the
rubric HIST 396, Special Topics. So if you have an interest in a class like
this, be sure to keep an eye out for it!

*Like us on Facebook: *SJP UIUC
*Follow us on Twitter: *@SJPUIUC
*Join the *University of Illinois Students Support Steven Salaita group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1509674105938236/
Like the Support Salaita page:
https://www.facebook.com/supportsalaita?ref=br_tf

*UPCOMING EVENTS*

*Monday, September 22nd*
*Demonstration at Senate Committee of the Whole*
We will be lining up outside the meeting room around 2:00-2:30 p.m with
signs to welcome all attendees with our support for Salaita. We will then
head into the room when the meeting starts to demonstrate silently our
continued demand of reinstatement and our discontent with the BoT decision
last Thursday.
*When: *3:10 pm
*Where: *Illini Union, 2nd Floor Ballroom
*Facebook Event Page: *
https://www.facebook.com/events/791869584202990/?ref=4

*Academic Freedom and the Salaita Case*
John K. Wilson, the co-editor of the AAUP's AcademeBlog.org, a member of
the Illinois AAUP Committee A on Academic Freedom, will be speaking about
"Academic Freedom and the Salaita Case"
His writings about the Salaita case are available at
http://academeblog.org/author/johnkwilson/.
*When: *7:00 pm
*Where: *Allen Hall, Main Lounge, 1005 W. Gregory in Urbana
*Facebook Event Page: *
https://www.facebook.com/events/1486122268305941/?ref=4

*Tuesday, September 29th*
*Academic Freedom Across the Disciplines*
The Illinois Program for Research in the Humanities (IPRH) and the Beckman
Institute for Advanced Science and Technology are hosting a forum on
"Academic Freedom Across the Disciplines," which will feature a handful of
professors from several fields speaking briefly about their experience of
pursuing their work; the challenges to their work that political, academic,
or other potential censoring pressures might present; and how and why
principles of academic freedom come to bear on their lives as scholars.
*When: *4:00 pm
*Where: *Beckman Institute for Advanced Science Science and Technology 405
N Mathews Ave, Urbana, Illinois 61801
*Facebook Event Page: *
https://www.facebook.com/events/770227053016562/?ref=br_tf

In Solidarity,