[Peace] Reminder--minimum wage listening session tonight!

Debra Schrishuhn via Peace peace at lists.chambana.net
Tue Sep 30 06:13:47 EDT 2014

MINIMUM WAGE LISTENING SESSION

Tuesday, September 30th

5:30-6 pm Refreshments

6-8:00 pm Panel Discussion with Q & A

Facebook Event Link

Join Central Illinois PDA's endorsed candidate Carol Ammons,
Democratic Nominee for State Representative of the 103rd for a
discussion on the importance of raising the minimum wage to $10 per
hour. Is it as much as we'd like? No. Is is what we think we can get
through the GA? Yes. Is it a step in the right direction to help
working people NOW? Yes. Two out of three ain't bad.

Cheryl Flowers from the Raise Illinois Coalition, a grassroots network
promoting the November ballot referendum to raise the minimum wage,
and Dr. Sundiata Cha-Jua, U of I History Professor and activist, will
discuss the history and purpose of a minimum wage.

There will a performance by the student-led group W.O.R.D about the
need to raise the minimum wage. After the panel discussion there will
be a question and answer period.

Hope to see you there!

Deb