[Peace] Gill says will run as Ind. in IL-13; I may run as Bernie Sanders Dem

Robert Naiman naiman at justforeignpolicy.org
Thu Aug 20 12:34:49 EDT 2015

The News-Gazette is reporting that David Gill has announced that he is
running against Rodney Davis in IL-13 as an Independent.

In the wake of Gill's announcement, I am giving strong consideration to
running as a Bernie Sanders/Elizabeth Warren Democrat, regardless of what
anyone else says or does.

I figure that at least one other person will surely run as a Democrat in
any event, and that Rodney Davis is going to win a three-person race in a
walk. So the Democratic nominee might as well be a Bernie Sanders/Elizabeth
Warren Democrat. If more than one person runs to be the Bernie
Sanders/Elizabeth Warren Democrat in the race, so much the better - who is
against debate? Debate engages people, educates people, mobilizes people,
and strengthens and legitimizes the winner. Look what a wonderful impact
Bernie Sanders has already had on the national political debate by running
against Hillary for the Democratic nomination for President.

If you have feedback on this idea you'd like to share with me directly,
please send it here:

naiman.uiuc at gmail.com

Or, if we're friends on Facebook, you can discuss it with me there; there
is a discussion ongoing on my Facebook page.