[Peace] First Amendment as told thru music, March 3

Dianna Visek divisek at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 20 23:57:30 EST 2015

Ken Paulson, President and CEO, First Amendment Center, Vanderbilt University will present
Freedom Sings: Speech, Civility and the University of Illinois
Tuesday, March 3, 2015
8:00pm
Knight Auditorium, Spurlock Museum
600 South Gregory
Urbana
Freedom Sings is the entertaining, engaging and inspiring story of free speech in America told through rock, pop, hip-hop and country music.   A cast of musicians revisits turning points in contemporary history with performances of songs made famous by the Beatles, Black Eyed Peas, Loretta Lynn and many more.
This critically acclaimed multimedia performance and riveting narration make this a singular entertainment experience that will raise our awareness of the vital importance of protecting our Constitutional rights against censorship and suppression. It also will provide context for deeper understanding of the ongoing debates and discussions about speech and civility on the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign campus.

For more info go to:
http://cas.illinois.edu/publicevents/freedom-sings-speech-civility-and-the-university-of-illinois/
http://illinois.edu/calendar/detail/1102/32472889