[Peace] Thursday: Watch Party for FCC Net Neutrality Vote

Brian Dolinar briandolinar at gmail.com
Mon Feb 23 17:38:29 EST 2015

We're having a watch party for the FCC's Net Neutrality vote at the IMC
this *Thursday 8:30am-10:30am*. Join us to witness this historic vote.

You can join the Facebook page here
<https://www.facebook.com/events/1552837318302880/?ref=br_tf>.

We’re counting down the days for Net Neutrality victory! On February 26th,
the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) is set to vote in strong Net
Neutrality rules that will protect all Internet users for generations to
come. Your hard work and dedication got us to this point and here at UCIMC,
we think its time to celebrate!

●  Our lives depend on a free and open Internet -- where we can speak and
be heard on our own terms. This historic FCC vote will bring us one step
closer!

●  Over 7 million people in the U.S. – and President Obama -- told the
Federal Communications Commission (FCC) they want Net Neutrality - rules
that will govern the Internet as a public utility and keep it open.  The
FCC is scheduled to vote to guarantee an open Internet on, Feb. 26. Thank
YOU for all that you’ve done to get us to this point!

The IMC is at 202 S. Broadway, in the old Urbana post office. Any bus to
downtown Urbana will get you within a half block of the building.

BD
--
Brian Dolinar, Ph.D.
briandolinar.com