[Peace] Renewable Energy & Energy Efficiency forum, Monday 5/4, 5-7pm, YMCA

Stuart Levy salevy at illinois.edu
Sun May 3 18:53:30 EDT 2015

*Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency Forum
<http://action.ucsusa.org/site/R?i=jLOEVv9Mmj1b5VrFOaUoZg>*
/Date:/ Monday, May 4
/Time:/ 5:00-7:00 p.m.
/Location:/ University YMCA - Latzer Hall, 1001 S. Wright St, Champaign,
IL 61820

Hosted by: *Representative Carol Ammons*

Speakers:

  * *Jessica Collingsworth*, Midwest Energy Advocate, Union of Concerned
    Scientists
  * *Drew O'Bryan*, President, Students for Environmental Concerns
  * *Abe Scarr*, Director, Illinois Public Interest Research Group
  * *Rev. Cindy Shepherd*, Central Illinois Congregational Outreach
    Director, Faith in Place
  * *Terri Treacy*, Springfield Representative, Sierra Club

Illinois's strong renewable energy track record is working, and studies
show we can ramp up our use of renewable energy while keeping utility
bills affordable and maintaining the reliability of the electricity
system. Increasing our use of renewable energy and energy efficiency
will further protect our health, cut global warming emissions to prevent
the worst effects of climate change, and reinvigorate our clean energy
economy.

*RSVP for the forum today!
<http://action.ucsusa.org/site/R?i=2RBOBOiu4lWfu1-HEki6yg>*