[Peace] Tomorrow, 12 noon--protest in champaign to stop the Dakota Access Pipeline!

Susan Parenti susanroseparenti at gmail.com
Tue Nov 15 00:12:36 UTC 2016

Hi---I'm going and have room in my car and in my heart.
Come with?

A little more than a week ago, police brutally attacked Indigenous
protectors in Standing Rock as they peacefully defended their land and
water. Within days, over 1.5 million people checked in to Standing Rock on
Facebook in solidarity with this fight. *By all measures, this is a
historic moment of resistance – and the movement is growing stronger by the
day.*

Now, Indigenous leaders are calling on us to take to the streets one week
after the election to demand that President Obama’s Army Corps of Engineers
and the incoming Administration put a stop to the Dakota Access
Pipeline. *Together,
we must show President Obama and the new president-elect that this
resistance movement is here to stay.*

The Army Corps can approve or deny the final permit needed to complete
construction – that’s why we must act now, and act strongly, to be sure the
permit is rejected.

There are events all across the country to stop the Dakota Access Pipeline,
and there's one near you that you should attend:

*NoDAPL Day of Action:
<https://go.berniesanders.com/page/event/detail/gplgkb> Tuesday, November
15ᵗʰ in Champaign *
12:00 pm CST
*RSVP TO ATTEND » <https://go.berniesanders.com/page/event/detail/gplgkb>*

Water protectors in Standing Rock have withstood brutal police repression,
freezing temperatures, and bulldozers destroying their sacred land – yet
they’re standing strong and determined. Join them in this important day of
action.

In solidarity,

The Organizing Team
Our Revolution