[Peace] 6:30 tonight: #NoDAPL at Urbana City Council

Robert Naiman naiman at justforeignpolicy.org
Mon Sep 12 13:43:10 UTC 2016

I'm looking forward to seeing folks tonight at 6:30 pm at the Urbana City
Building on 400 S Vine Street, across from Lincoln Square on the east side
of Vine, to help urge the Urbana City Council to say no to the Dakota
Access Pipeline - #NoDAPL!

The Council meeting starts at 7pm; public participation is usually allowed
at the beginning of the meeting. Hopefully, by gathering at 6:30, we'll be
able to greet people as they come in to the meeting, and then we'll also be
able to speak during the public participation, and present our MoveOn
petition
<http://petitions.moveon.org/sign/cityofurbana-join-cityminnea?r_by=1135580&link_id=0&can_id=577442878fa14be4c4e14734d09f297e&source=email-plan-for-today-see-you-at-630-for-nodapl&email_referrer=plan-for-today-see-you-at-630-for-nodapl&email_subject=plan-for-today-see-you-at-630-for-nodapl>
urging
the Urbana City Council to join Minneapolis in passing a resolution against
the Dakota Access Pipeline.

Please sign and share our petition to the Council here.
<http://petitions.moveon.org/sign/cityofurbana-join-cityminnea?r_by=1135580&link_id=1&can_id=577442878fa14be4c4e14734d09f297e&source=email-plan-for-today-see-you-at-630-for-nodapl&email_referrer=plan-for-today-see-you-at-630-for-nodapl&email_subject=plan-for-today-see-you-at-630-for-nodapl>

- Please let me know by replying to this email if:

   - you can bring a #NoDAPL sign
   - you're planning or willing to address the Urbana City Council during
   public participation before the council meeting
   - you are willing to talk to press and/or be a press contact
   - you want to be quoted in a press release sent to local media
   - you want to speak to other protesters gathered outside at 6:30
   - you have other ideas for this evening or beyond that you want to share

   My understanding is that a gathering is planned at Scott Park on Friday
   and that there will be folks tonight with flyers and info about that.

See you this evening!

Robert Naiman
Policy Director
Just Foreign Policy