[Peace] NG: Five Dems appearing at IL-13 candidate forum at UIUC 9/5

Robert Naiman naiman at justforeignpolicy.org
Sun Aug 27 19:50:41 UTC 2017

Unfortunately, I'm going to be in St. Louis that day, hassling Claire
McCaskill for voting to arm Saudi Arabia.

Let's see if we can get anyone to go to this IL-13 forum and ask the
candidates if they support or oppose arming the famine-producing Saudi war
in Yemen and whether they support invoking the War Powers Resolution to
force a vote on withdrawing U.S. participation from Saudi Arabia's war -
including ending the U.S. refueling of Saudi/UAE planes bombing Yemen -
given that U.S. participation in the war has never been authorized by
Congress.

[...]
— a forum featuring the five Democratic candidate for Congress in the 13th
Congressional District will be held from *6 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.* on *Tuesday,
Sept. 5* at a site to be determined on the University of Illinois campus.

The five candidates are: Jonathan Ebel of Urbana, Dr. David Gill of
Bloomington, Erik Jones of Edwardsville, Betsy Londrigan of Springfield and
Benjamin Webb of Normal.

All are seeking the seat now held by U.S. Rep. Rodney Davis, R-Taylorville.

The forum will be moderated by UI journalism Professor Jennifer Follis and
Max Weiss, the communications director at the Illini Democrats.
[...]

http://www.news-gazette.com/news/local/2017-08-27/tom-kacich-vision-remains-unclear-county-exec-position.html

===

Robert Naiman
Policy Director
Just Foreign Policy
www.justforeignpolicy.org
naiman at justforeignpolicy.org
(202) 448-2898 x1

House: Use War Powers to Save A Million Yemeni Kids from Cholera & Famine
https://petitions.moveon.org/sign/force-vote-on-saudi-war?r_by=1135580

@clairecmc, @SenDonnelly, @Sen_JoeManchin, @MarkWarner, @SenBillNelson:
#StopArmingSaudi War Crimes in Yemen
https://petitions.moveon.org/sign/senate-stop-arming-saudi?r_by=1135580