[Peace] Fwd: Program on Active Hope at Quaker Meetinghouse

Karen Medina kmedina67 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 28 22:03:35 UTC 2017

Dear Peace,

The local Friends Meeting (Quakers) and Faith in Place would like to invite
AWARE and friends of AWARE to a few events:
* Event: Active Hope
When: Saturday, September 30, 10:00 am to noon,
Where: Urbana-Champaign Friends Meetinghouse, 1904 E. Main St., Urbana.
active hope (see a longer description below and on the attachment)
* Event: A retreat, *Healing Earth’s Healers*,
When: Friday, November 3 (7:00 – 9:00 pm) and Saturday, November 4 (9:00 am
– 5:00 pm)
Where: Friends Meetinghouse / 1904 E. Main St., Urbana, IL.
intensive experience with group exercises, time for reflection, dialogue,
music, and more.
* Event: Stories of Standing Rock and the Sapara people in the Amazon.
Where: First Mennonite Church, 902 W. Springfield, Urbana,
When: Thursday, November 2 at 7:00 pm.
working on behalf of the Sapara Women’s Association to stop plans for
exploration and exploitation of their tribal territory by an oil company.

Some events require an RSVP. See a longer description below and on the
attachment