[Peace] FOIA workshop Saturday!

Brian Dolinar briandolinar at gmail.com
Fri Jan 27 16:52:41 UTC 2017

Hi all,

I'm hosting a FOIA workshop with Sarah Lazare (Alternet writer, former CU
resident) on Saturday 7pm at the IMC! Come out to learn how to have "Fun
With FOIAs! <https://www.facebook.com/events/387046714963433/>" and hear
stories from Sarah and I how they can be used to produce hard-hitting
journalism.

Here's a few tips below, let me know if you need help filing your own FOIA!

BD

1. Google public body and “FOIA officer” or “FOIA” or “Freedom of
Information”
2. Locate email address, or online form.
3. ID city/police dept./county/sheriff/state/federal.
4. Send letter with names, dates, specifics of request.
5. Avoid being “unduly burdensome”; narrow request.
6. Make copies! Leave a paper trail.
--
Brian Dolinar, Ph.D.
briandolinar.com