[Peace] Fwd: Reminder: invitation to hear Joe Minarik - Jan 30 or Feb 5

Karen Aram karenaram at hotmail.com
Sat Jan 28 13:12:09 UTC 2017

Begin forwarded message:

Subject: Reminder: invitation to hear Joe Minarik - Jan 30 or Feb 5
Date: January 27, 2017 at 21:32:08 PST

Dear Friends,

We decided at our January 9th Racial Taboo monthly planning meeting to host speakers who are knowledgeable about understanding and ending race prejudice.  Our first speaker

Joe Minarik, Joycelyn Landrum-Brown’s colleague at UIUC, will present a visual model of how “privilege” works and explain how individuals can cause change in organizations through community building.

Joe Minarik
“Privilege and Changing Privilege for Fairness”
Monday, January 30 – 3:15 to 5:00 pm
Sunday, February 5 – 3:00 to 5:00 pm

Bahá'í Center, 807 E. Green Street, Urbana

Everyone is welcome.

Please RSVP only if you have not done so.

Thanks,
Amy

Amy Felty - 217-637-3125