[Peace] AWARE at Farmer's Market - and SJP UIUC #SaltwaterChallenge - and Black Students for Revolution UIUC's demands

Stuart Levy stuartnlevy at gmail.com
Sat May 13 01:17:35 UTC 2017

AWARE will have a table at the Farmer's Market, for the first time this
season, tomorrow morning -- Saturday, May 13th, 8am-noon.

We'll have a collection of anti-war flyers, as well as buttons and
bumper stickers.

I'll also bring some copies of the Black Students for Revolution's
demands - we can talk about them with whoever stops by.   On the whole I
think that they're admirable.

Another admirable effort - hearing about this now - is the
#SaltwaterChallenge international campaign, which Students from Justice
in Palestine UIUC <https://www.facebook.com/SJP.UIUC/> is participating
in, in solidarity with some 1700 Palestinians in Israeli prisons who are
protesting the only way they can: through a hunger strike, now in its
21st day.   Theirs is a risky effort which merits our awareness and support.

SJP UIUC thanks several other UIUC student groups as supporting them in
that effort, including Black Students for Revolution
<https://www.facebook.com/BSFRUIUC/>, Black United Front UIUC
<https://www.facebook.com/AllBlackUIUC/>, UIUC Beyond Coal
<https://www.facebook.com/UIUCBeyondCoal/>, UMMA UIUC
<https://www.facebook.com/ummauiuc/>, and Arab Student Association at