[Peace] JFP alert: Share Rand Paul's trashing of the Saudi war in Yemen

Robert Naiman naiman at justforeignpolicy.org
Wed Sep 20 19:33:56 UTC 2017

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Just Foreign Policy <info at justforeignpolicy.org>
Date: Wed, Sep 20, 2017 at 1:59 PM
Subject: Share Rand Paul's trashing of the Saudi war in Yemen
To: naiman at justforeignpolicy.org

[image: Just Foreign Policy]
<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=n3rual7yufAl%2BxjniITNWHBZZe2vbDpt>

Dear Robert,

Help us engage Republicans by sharing Rand Paul's denunciation of the Saudi
war in Yemen.

* View and share*
<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=sp0FceaNWD0WSufQxaUaRnBZZe2vbDpt>

Next week, the House comes back from recess. We expect a bipartisan group
of House members to introduce a resolution invoking Congressional war
powers to force a floor vote on ending U.S. participation in the
catastrophic Saudi war in Yemen. *Without U.S. participation, we believe
that the Saudi war in Yemen cannot continue. *

In order to win in the House, we don't need all the Republicans. We don't
even need a majority of the Republicans. But we do need *some* Republicans.
We need something like the 40 Republicans
<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=7J1PLO9twmvb4%2BQ41EWRBnBZZe2vbDpt>
who joined 164 Democrats in June 2016 to vote to prohibit the transfer of
cluster bombs to Saudi Arabia.

That's why we're highlighting the opposition to the illegal and
unconstitutional war of key "Republican validators." It's not because we're
great admirers of Republicans in general. It's because without some
Republican help, we have no path to victory.

*Can you help us spread the word?* Please share *this piece*
<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=GMgmNlmMqfVSB319ydVF3%2BLX2m46m9mx>
on social media. It contains video and text from Rand Paul's denunciation
of the illegal Saudi war in Yemen on the Senate floor last week.

http://www.truth-out.org/opinion/item/41989-rand-paul-uncons
titutional-saudi-war-in-yemen-is-not-in-our-interest-and-
congress-should-vote

You can sign our petition to the House in support of forcing a floor vote
here
<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=%2B6iHNe5KpMViFJfwRjxELXBZZe2vbDpt>
.

https://petitions.moveon.org/sign/force-vote-on-saudi-war?r_by=1135580

Thanks for all you do to help make U.S. foreign policy more just,

Robert Naiman, Avram Reisman, and Sarah Burns
Just Foreign Policy

If you think our work is important, support us with a $17 donation.
http://www.justforeignpolicy.org/donate
<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=zU%2For%2BpixWVtU6GT78Gy8nBZZe2vbDpt>

[image: Please support our work. Donate for a Just Foreign Policy]
<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=ExoVGLNMosI7m57uCXAf8HBZZe2vbDpt>

© 2016 Just Foreign Policy