[Peace] [ufpj-activist] Intercept: Bernie Sanders: Saudi Arabia Is "Not An Ally"; U.S. Should Rethink Its Approach to Iran

Karen Aram karenaram at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 22 16:08:59 UTC 2017

Yes, Bernie also made a speech on "The Real News" which captures much of the same as captured by the Intercept, plus much more. It sounds really good, use of diplomacy instead of provocations and war.

However, he insists on the usual propaganda of "Russian interference in US elections" accusing the Russians of supporting Assad because Assad is so awful, never mentioning US support for ISIS and our intervention in Syria which created the war and devastation there.

He also refers to the criminal regime of North Korea and their actions, offering no solution to the problem, such as ending the Korean War, removing our troops from their border, ending our military exercises in the region, and removing our military bases and war ships from the South China Sea.

He does speak out against the use of drones, now, perhaps because other nations possess them. He does say all the right things related to domestic issues as he did during his campaign last year. And, yes he urges staying with the agreement with Iran.

However, his rhetoric supports our current foreign policy of containment of Russia and China, only focusing that which is in the past, documented and known by all.

He refers to Iraq intervention as a "blunder" or mistake, as if we didn't know what we were doing. Nonsense, we knew exactly what we were doing, creating "chaos" in order to continue our proliferation of weapons, and eventually provide profit for our contractors, and control of all natural resources in the MENA.

We are doing the same thing now in Burma/Myanmar, supplying weapons and training to the Rohingya Muslims to defend themselves against the military government who has been slaughtering their people. These minorities will become "cannon fodder" with their villages being burned to the ground as retaliation. It's another case of the US insisting a  nation back away from deals with China or they may end up like Syria, Libya etc., etc. with destruction and " total chaos."