[Peace] Fwd: Join us on Sept. 8: Rise for climate, jobs, and justice

Karen Aram karenaram at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 10 13:10:19 UTC 2018

[NRDC All In]<https://allin.nrdc.org/?t=3&akid=1876%2E2089218%2EO3lsSi>

One month from today, thousands of people across the country — including many of us at NRDC — will take to the streets to demand bold action on climate change. Can we count on you to be there?

Join us on Saturday, September 8 at a Peoples Climate Movement march near you!Learn more and RSVP today.<https://act.nrdc.org/go/5572?t=4&akid=1876%2E2089218%2EO3lsSi>

WHAT: Peoples Climate Movement, Rise for Climate, Jobs, and Justice marches
WHEN: Saturday, September 8, 2018 *please note, some marches are taking place on different dates
WHERE: A city or town near you (find the closest event here<https://act.nrdc.org/go/5572?t=5&akid=1876%2E2089218%2EO3lsSi>)

This important march will come after a summer that saw record heat waves, historic wildfires, massive flooding, and countless other impacts from worsening climate change. This summer, the effects of climate change are not so subtle.

Yet President Trump and his allies are doubling down on their anti-environment agenda that includes: dismantling the Clean Power Plan... rolling back lifesaving clean car standards... compromising critical clean air, water, and public health safeguards... pulling out of international agreements... and more.

The September 8 marches will take place just four days before the start of the Global Climate Action Summit in San Francisco.

So, in the lead up to this pivotal event — a moment that could change the face of and the fight for climate action — it's especially important to stand together and show our elected officials that we will continue fighting for a just and sustainable future to protect the health and well-being of generations to come.

Sign up for a Peoples Climate Movement march near you on September 8.<https://act.nrdc.org/go/5572?t=6&akid=1876%2E2089218%2EO3lsSi>

[https://s3.amazonaws.com/nrdc-actionkit/images/em-080818-PCM.jpg]<https://act.nrdc.org/go/5572?t=7&akid=1876%2E2089218%2EO3lsSi>

Whether you'll be with us at the flagship march in San Francisco or at a sister march in your city or town, September 8 will be an opportunity to show the Trump administration, fossil fuel companies, and their allies in Congress that we are resilient, we are resolute, and we won't allow them to destroy the progress we've made in combating climate change. We hope to see you there!

Sincerely,

[https://act.nrdc.org/o.gif?akid=1876.2089218.O3lsSi] The NRDC All In Team

P.S. Check out the NRDC All In toolkit for more information and ways to get involved in the fight for climate action.<https://act.nrdc.org/go/5573?t=10&akid=1876%2E2089218%2EO3lsSi>

The mission of the Natural Resources Defense Council (NRDC) is to safeguard the Earth: its people, its plants and animals, and the natural systems on which all life depends.

[Charity Navigator]     [https://s3.amazonaws.com/nrdc-actionkit/images/spacer.gif]     [BBB Accredited Charity]

Unsubscribe<https://act.nrdc.org/cms/unsubscribe/unsubscribe_e2/?utm_source=footer&utm_medium=unsub&utm_campaign=email&akid=1876%2E2089218%2EO3lsSi> | Update Your Information<https://act.nrdc.org/login/?utm_source=footer&utm_medium=update&utm_campaign=email&t=8&akid=1876%2E2089218%2EO3lsSi> | About Us<https://allin.nrdc.org/?utm_source=footer&utm_medium=about&utm_campaign=email&t=9&akid=1876%2E2089218%2EO3lsSi> | Contact Us<mailto:allin at nrdc.org> | Privacy Policy<https://www.nrdc.org/privacy-policy?utm_source=footer&utm_medium=privacy&utm_campaign=email>