[Peace] Excellent Play in Urbana

Karen Aram karenaram at hotmail.com
Sat Aug 11 22:03:38 UTC 2018

Although I only saw the first act due to time constraints, I highly recommend the play “Sweat” at the Station Playhouse
August 2–18, 2018
Sweat
by Lynn Nottage
directed by Mathew Green

The Pulitzer-winning play deals with economic downturn and racial strife in the working-class factory town of Reading, Pennsylvania. The play jumps between the years 2000 and 2008 to tell the story of tensions among friends and coworkers that erupt during a labor struggle. The play has been described as "a powerful and emotional look at identity, race, economy and humanity" and has been compared to the writing of August Wilson and Clifford Odets.