[Peace] [Peace-discuss] #FamiliesBelongTogether - ACLU rally noon *today* 6/1 at US Attorney's Office in Urbana

bjornsona at ameritech.net bjornsona at ameritech.net
Fri Jun 1 15:51:10 UTC 2018

Sorry to hitch onto this thread. Is AWARE holding regular Ist Saturday of month protest in downtown Champaign tomorrow, June 2? We discussed it at last Sundays AWARE meeting. Attendees were Don, Genevieve, Doug, Anne Bj. (Hope I have names and spelling correct!) Consensus on Sunday seemed to be yes. Question was- is there something else going on downtown that might interfere with protest? Also do we need a flyer? Suggestion on flyer: "Do All Lives Matter?" What about Native Americans? "
Sent from my LG Phoenix 2, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone
------ Original message------From: Stuart Levy via Peace-discussDate: Fri, Jun 1, 2018 6:42 AMTo: Peace;Cc: Subject:[Peace-discuss] #FamiliesBelongTogether - ACLU rally noon *today* 6/1 at US Attorney's Office in Urbana

    #FamiliesBelongTogether

    Rally noon *today*, Friday 6/1

    US Attorney's Office in Urbana

    201 S Vine St, Suite 226

    RSVP here:

        https://go.peoplepower.org/event/action_attend/14164

    From ACLU People Power.   They write:

      We need to raise our voices against the key actors who are
        carrying out Trump’s family separation order: ICE and U.S.
        Attorneys. ICE apprehends and separates families while US
        Attorneys enforce the separation in legal proceedings. We need
        to stand up against this incompetence and the moral abomination
        of family separation.
      We're excited to be partnering with the National Domestic
        Workers Alliance, MomsRising, United We Dream, MoveOn and many
        others to hold family-friendly rallies across the country. Bring
        your friends, wheel your stroller on over, grab your lunch
        boxes, and make your family's voice heard loud and clear, that
        #FamiliesBelongTogether.