[Peace] AWARE antiwar demonstration TODAY, Sat 2-4pm

stuartnlevy stuartnlevy at gmail.com
Sat Mar 3 13:32:50 UTC 2018

This month will mark the 15th anniversary of the US invasion of Iraq.  We are still involved there, and are ramping up troops for even more endless war in Afghanistan.
Meanwhile our government threatens new military action in Venezuela, Iran, North Korea.  While the old wars have grown unpopular, too many people in our country believe that taking down other countries' governments, and killing their people in the process, is a legitimate thing for our gov't to do.
Let's remind them that it isn't- and hearten those who think that war should not be a normal part of our lives.
Please join AWARE this afternoon, 2pm - 4pm, at the usual corner of Main and Neil in downtown Champaign, for our monthly antiwar demonstration.