[Peace] Day-Long Non-Violent Direct Action Training at UUCUC on March 10

Pam Richart prichart at ecojusticecollaborative.org
Fri Mar 2 14:58:42 UTC 2018

If you want to learn more about non-violent direct action as a powerful force for change …  and are ready to put your values into action, this is a great opportunity!

Saturday, March 10 Non-Violent Direct Action Training at UUCUC
Throughout history non-violent direct action has played a recurring and vital role in shining a light on injustice and bringing about social change. On Saturday, March 10, members of the Social Action Committee of UUCUC will host a day-long training in the principles, philosophy and practice of non-violent direct action.This training will help prepare us to participate in six weeks of "direct action and nonviolent civil disobedience" at our state capitol associated with Reverend Barber’s Poor People’s Campaign <https://poorpeoplescampaign.org/>. These actions begin on Mother’s Day, May 13, and continue through June 21.  But this training also has much broader, universal applications.

Led by Jerica Arents, noted activist and educator  <http://www.ratemyprofessors.com/ShowRatings.jsp?tid=1991461>in peace, justice and conflict studies, this interactive training will provide basic knowledge and skills to better understand, support, and/or actively engage in non-violent direct action as part of social change. We invite you to join us!

Registration is required, but no one will be turned away for financial reasons. Call Lan Richart at 773-556-3417 for more information.