[Peace] AWARE demo - it's very wet...

Mildred O'brien moboct1 at aim.com
Sun Oct 7 15:15:16 UTC 2018

"On my way to the forum..." Fortunately about 1 o'clock yesterday I saw the sky and went back for my umbrella, missing the bus to Champaign, so 30 minutes later armed with "bumbershoot" (as known in Minnesota) I made it on the bus and was in route when the deluge started.  By the time I got to Champaign I decided to wait in the Transport. Terminal for the rain to end but it didn't look as if it would ever end, so I caught a bus back home 30 minutes later and arrived dry and safe about 3 pm.  I had provided in-transit entertainment (Medea's book on Iran) which I had neglected to open so far and found it so interesting (at least the first part, the pre "Revolution" history) that I have decided to finish it.

About 3:45 the weather lifted and sun came out, but it was too late for me to participate in the demo, in case anybody else did.  Signs would have been soaked anyway.  Maybe next month--after Thanksgiving--already??

Midge