[Peace] [Peace-discuss] Panel at UFL today at 3

Robert Naiman naiman at justforeignpolicy.org
Sun Mar 24 12:35:17 UTC 2019

Nina claims in her letter to the U of I that U of I faculty have campaigned
to blacklist her and prevented her new film from being shown at Ebertfest,
which is co-sponsored by the UI College of Media.

http://blog.ninapaley.com/2019/02/28/open-letter-to-the-university-of-illinois/

Let's ask the Art Theater to show Nina's film during Ebertfest, as a
protest in favor of free speech.

The Art is just a block from the Virginia. It would be easy enough for
people attending Ebertfest to walk over.

You remember the scene in *The Cradle Will Rock *where the cast have to
walk through the streets of New York City to another theater because the
WPA has shut down their production under political pressure from fascists
in Congress. It can be like that. We can encourage people to walk over en
masse from the Virginia to the Art.

It would be easy enough to spread the word to people who are attending
Ebertfest.

We would get press. It would boost the reputation of the Art, as an
institution in this town that is independent of the University.

What do you think?